Terms and Conditions
Kindred Entrepreneurs Inc provides content and workshops for creating and managing a robust branding and marketing strategy for businesses of all kinds (“Services”). Services currently include, but are not limited to:
Business Made Simple Intensive which entail group sessions (either live or on-line) designed to enrich your entrepreneurial life and prepare you for growth and advancement using the Business Made Simple Platform and systems
Confidential Coaching is one on one Entrepreneurial coaching provided by Peter Mohr to offer guidance to Entrepreneurs to help them navigate their lives and businesses and make better choices.
Entrepreneurial Inner-Circle is a small group of Entrepreneurs that are brought together for advising each other in a group setting, while the meetings are moderated by a facilitator and conducted either live or on-line
Registration and Security
You agree, represent, warrant, and guarantee that all Personal Information provided by you is true, accurate, complete, up-to-date, and solely yours. You may not impersonate, imitate, or pretend to be somebody else when registering. When you login, you will be asked to choose a password. You are responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your password and you agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You will be solely responsible for any activities or actions taken under your account or Subscription, as that term is defined below, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You must notify us immediately if you know or suspect that any unauthorized person is using your password or your account or Subscription (for example, your password has been lost or stolen, someone has attempted to use the Services through your account or Subscription without your consent or your account or Subscription has been accessed without your permission). We strongly recommend that you do not use the Services or access Content (defined below) on public computers. We also recommend that you do not store your password through your web browser or other software.
You are solely responsible for all access or visitation to, usage of, or activity on, your account/profile including, but not limited to, use of the account or Subscription by any person who uses your Personal Information, with or without authorization, or who has access to any computer, mobile, or other device on which your account or Subscription resides or is accessible. You acknowledge and agree that we may, and you specifically authorize us to, process all transactions, including without limitation purchases and/or registration for products and/or Services, including, without limitation, Content provided by us.
You agree to pay all fees and charges, including applicable taxes and surcharges, incurred through your activity on or through the Site(s) and/or through your account or Subscription (such fees, charges, taxes, and surcharges shall collectively be referred to as “Fees”). Unless otherwise specified, all Fees will be quoted and charged in U.S. dollars. You must notify us about any billing problems or discrepancy within thirty (30) days after they first appear on your statement; otherwise, you waive any right to challenge or dispute such problem or discrepancy.
Information Provided by You and Privacy
By creating an account and/or subscribing to our online learning platform, you expressly consent to the use of: (a) electronic means to complete these Terms and to provide you with any notices given pursuant to these Terms; and (b) electronic records to store information related to these Terms or your use of the Services. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
Limitations on Use
The Services may be used and accessed for lawful purposes only. You agree to abide by all applicable local, provincial, national, and foreign laws, treaties, and regulations in connection with your use of the Services and Content. In addition, without limitation, you agree that you will not do any of the following while using or accessing the Services:
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit or submit any content to which you do not have the lawful right to copy, transmit and display (including any content that would violate any confidentiality or fiduciary obligations that you might have with respect to the content);
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit or submit any content that infringes the intellectual property rights or violates the privacy rights of any third party (including without limitation copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property right, or moral right or right of publicity);
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit or submit harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, deceptive, fraudulent, obscene, indecent, vulgar, lewd, violent, hateful or otherwise objectionable content or material;
- use the Services or the Site to collect or store personal data about other users without their express permission;
- knowingly include or use any false or inaccurate information in any profile;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation, as well as viruses or other computer code that may interrupt, destroy, limit the functionality of the Site, or interfere with the access of any other user to the Site;
- circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features on the Site or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content;
- attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Kindred Entrepreneurs Inc system or network or breach or impair or circumvent any security or authentication measures protecting the Services, Content, and the Site;
- attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to discover or determine the source code of any software or any proprietary algorithm used to provide the Services and/or Content;use the Services, Site, or Content in any way that competes with us; or
- encourage or instruct any other person or entity to do any of the foregoing.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DO ANY OF THE FOREGOING PROHIBITED ACTS, OR TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE OPERATION OF THE SERVICE OR SITE(S), MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT, IN ADDITION TO OUR OTHER REMEDIES, TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Termination, Modification, and Survival
We are continually evolving and innovating the Services, Content, and the Site. We may change the Services, the Site, the Content (defined below) we offer, and the products or services you may access at any time. We may discontinue offering the Services or the Site and we may suspend or terminate your right to use the Services or the Site at any time, in the event that you breach these Terms, for any reason, in our sole discretion, and without prior notice to you. After such termination, we will have no further obligation to you or to provide the Services, except to the extent we have otherwise agreed in writing.
Upon termination of your right to use the Services or the Site or our termination of the Services or the Site, all licenses and other rights granted to you by these Terms will immediately terminate.
You may terminate your account at any time and for any reason by sending us written notice requesting termination of your account. Any cancellation request will be handled within 30 days after we have received your request. No suspension, termination, or cancellation will affect your obligations to us under these Terms which by their nature are intended to survive such suspension, termination, or cancellation. For information regarding Subscription cancellation, see below.
The Services, the Site, and all information and/or content that you see, hear, or otherwise experience on the Site (collectively, “Content”) are protected by Canadian and international copyright, trademark, and other laws. You will not acquire any intellectual property rights in the Services, the Site, or our Content by your use of the Services or the Site. When you use our Services or the Site, you may access intellectual property rights that we, our licensors, or third parties own or license. Subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of these Terms, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable license, without the right to sublicense, to access and use the Services and to download and print any Content provided by us solely for your personal and non-commercial purposes. You may not use, copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast or otherwise exploit the Services or Content, except as expressly permitted in these Terms, without our express prior written consent. No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by us or our licensors, except for the licenses and rights expressly granted in these Terms.
For example, by participating in a Business Made Simple Intensive, you have the opportunity to apply what you learn from the Simplifying Entrepreneurship Portfolio to any entity with which you are currently associated or later join. After your coaching or masterclass experience, you may lead group discussions within your own place of employment, drawing upon your own work within the workshops. As set forth above, however, you may not reproduce, prepare derivative works, distribute copies, perform, display, record, scan, post, or distribute the materials associated with Simplifying Entrepreneurship or other Content.
Third Party Links and Resources
We may make available, on the Site and as part of the Services, links to third party websites or resources from third parties on the Site. We are not responsible or liable for the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources, or the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. When we make available such third party links or resources on the Site or through the Services, you must look solely to the third party with respect to the content, products, or services they provide. Unless otherwise stated, we do not endorse and are not responsible for any of the content, products, or services provided by others. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES OR RESOURCES OF THIRD PARTIES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF YOUR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE WEBSITES OR RESOURCES OF THIRD PARTIES.
Disclaimer of Representations and Warranties
Your use of the Services and Content is at your sole discretion and risk. The Services and Content, and all materials, information, products and services included therein, are provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis without warranties of any kind.
WE AND OUR LICENSORS AND AFFILIATES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, RELATING TO THE SERVICES AND CONTENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, COURSE OF DEALING, OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE.
IN ADDITION, WE AND OUR LICENSORS AND AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES REGARDING SECURITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICES OR THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE FREE OF ERRORS OR INTERRUPTIONS OR THAT ANY ERRORS OR INTERRUPTIONS WILL BE CORRECTED.
WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS CONCERNING, AND DO NOT GUARANTEE, THE ACCURACY OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR THEIR APPLICABILITY TO YOUR INDIVIDUAL CIRCUMSTANCES. OUR SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE DEVELOPED FOR USE IN THE UNITED STATES AND WE AND OUR LICENSORS AND AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY CONCERNING THE SERVICES OR CONTENT WHEN THEY ARE USED IN ANY OTHER COUNTRY.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT US TO EXCLUDE WARRANTIES IN THESE WAYS, SO IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THESE EXCLUSIONS WILL NOT APPLY TO OUR AGREEMENT WITH YOU. IN SUCH EVENT, THE EXCLUSIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
You will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless us, our licensors and affiliates and our respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, agents and representatives, from and against any and all claims, causes of action, demands, liabilities, losses, costs or expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) arising out of or relating to any of the following matters:
- your access to or use of the Services, the Site, or the Content;
- your violation of any of the provisions of these Terms;
- any activity related to your account or your Subscription by you or any other person accessing the Site or Services through your account or Subscription, including, without limitation, negligent or wrongful conduct; or
- your violation of any third party right, including, without limitation, any intellectual property right, publicity, property, or privacy right.
We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR ANY APPLICABLE LICENSORS OR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LOST PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, THE SITE, OR THE CONTENT, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES IN ADVANCE. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SERVICES, THE SITE, THE CONTENT, OR THESE TERMS, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES ARE DISCONTINUATION OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND/OR CONTENT AND, UNLESS OTHERWISE PROHIBITED OR DISCLAIMED UNDER THESE TERMS, A REFUND OF THE AMOUNT PAID TO KINDRED ENTREPRENERUS INC FOR SERVICES AND/OR CONTENT.
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, THE SITE, OR THE CONTENT OR OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU, REGARDLESS OF THEORY, MUST BE BROUGHT WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE OCCURRENCE OF THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION OR BE FOREVER BARRED.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT US TO LIMIT OUR LIABILITY IN THESE WAYS, SO IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THESE LIMITATIONS WILL NOT APPLY TO OUR AGREEMENT WITH YOU. IN SUCH EVENT, THE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Waiver of Jury Trial and Class Action
Errors and Inaccuracies
The information on the Site, including, without limitation, information regarding pricing, may contain typographical errors or other errors or inaccuracies, and may not be complete or current. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice to you. We do not, however, guarantee that any such errors, inaccuracies, or omissions will be corrected.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us relating to our Services, the Site, and the Content, replacing any prior or contemporaneous agreements, whether written or oral, unless you have signed a separate written agreement with us relating to our Services, the Site, or the Content. If there is any conflict between these Terms and a separate signed written agreement between you and us relating to our Services, the Site, or the Content, the signed written agreement will control.
Third Party Beneficiaries
Our licensors may be entitled to enforce these Terms as third party beneficiaries. There are no other third party beneficiaries to these Terms.
The failure by us to enforce any provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver. If any court of law, having the jurisdiction to decide the matter, rules that any provision of these Terms is invalid or unenforceable, then the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be removed from these Terms or reformed by the court and given effect so as to best accomplish the essential purpose of the invalid or unenforceable provision, and all of the other provisions of these Terms shall continue to be valid and enforceable. Nothing contained in these Terms shall limit the ability of a party to seek an injunction or other equitable relief without posting any bond.
These Terms are expressly made subject to any laws, regulations, orders or other restrictions on the export of data from Canada. You shall comply with such laws, regulations, orders or other restrictions. You agree that these Terms will not be construed against Kindred Entrepreneurs Inc by virtue of having drafted them. You hereby waive any and all defenses you may have based on the electronic form of these Terms and the lack of signing by the parties hereto to execute these Terms.
Modification of Terms
We reserve the right to change these Terms at any time. Any changes that we make will become a part of our agreement with you when they are posted to the Site. Your continued use of our Services, or the Site will constitute your agreement to the changes we have made. The last date these Terms were revised is set forth at the end of this document.
We encourage you to contact us at peter (at) simplifyingentrepreneurship[ (dot) com if you have any questions concerning these Terms. Please note that email communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly, you should not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your email correspondence with us.
Last Revised: January 1, 2021
Effective Date: January 1, 2021
Last Updated: January 1, 2021
Information We Collect
When you use the Services, we collect the following types of information:
Information We Collect About You
We may collect automatic, anonymous information such as browser type and version, browser language, your operating system and platform, and the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet. This is called “Non-Personal Information” because it does not identify you, but is statistical data used for analytical purposes and helps us provide more relevant services to users. For example, we may use this information to administer and troubleshoot issues directly related to the Services, such as Site administration or to analyze certain trends in Site usage.
We use automated information collection tools, such as Cookies, Tracking Pixels, and Web Beacons, to collect certain types of Non-Personal Information
We may also collect anonymous information using tracking pixels. A tracking pixel is a transparent graphic image (usually 1 pixel x 1 pixel) that is placed on a webpage and, in combination with a cookie, allows for the collection of information regarding the use of the webpage that contains the tracking pixel. We use tracking pixels to tell when you have clicked on certain website features or otherwise interacted with those features, and use that information to learn about visitor use. In some cases, we use third-party service providers to help us collect and analyze this anonymous information.
Web Beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that may be included on our Services for several purposes, including to deliver or communicate with Cookies, to track and measure the performance of our Services, and to monitor how many visitors view our Services. Unlike Cookies, which are stored on the device, Web Beacons are typically embedded invisibly on web pages or in an e-mail.
Information You Provide
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services. While you can use many features of the Services(s) anonymously, you may be required to provide certain types of personally identifiable information to gain access to some of our content or services. This information is called “Personal Information”, because it may be used to identify you, and may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number. For example, we may ask you to provide us with Personal Information that can be used to contact or identify you, including information that you provide by filling in forms on our Services. This includes information provided to use or receive information about services and offerings from Kindred Entrepreneurs Inc. For example, when you fill out the “Register Now” form or “Contact” form,” you consent to release any Personal Information provided and/or data to us. Likewise, by submitting your Personal Information through the Services, you are consenting to receive e-mail or other applicable information from us.
You may choose to allow us to access your location by granting the Site access to your location when prompted or through your device’s location services settings. You may change these settings on your device. When you connect to the Services, we can recognize the IP address of the computer providing you with internet access. Our use of this IP address may be to help diagnose problems with our server or otherwise administer our Services. This IP address may also be used to gather broad demographic information. Your IP address is never associated with you as an individual and never provided to another company or organization
Third-Party Social Networking Service(s)
If you choose to access, visit, and/or use any third-party social networking service(s) that may be integrated with our Services, we may receive your Personal Information and other information about you and your computer, mobile, or other device that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts through those services. For example, some social networking services allow you to push content from our Services to your contacts or to pull information about your contacts so you can connect with them on or through our Services. Some social networking services also will facilitate registration or enhance or personalize your experience on our Services. Your decision to use a social networking service in connection with our Services is voluntary. However, you should make sure you are comfortable with the information your third-party social networking services may make available by reviewing privacy policies of those providers and/or modifying your privacy settings directly with those networking sites/services
We may obtain Information, including Personal Information, from third parties and sources other than the Site, such as our partners or advertisers. If we combine or associate information from other sources with Personal Information that we collect through the Services, we will treat the combined Information as Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
How We Use Your Personal Information
For Legitimate Interests. We do not sell or rent Information to any third parties. We use information collected by clickstream data collection, web pixels, and cookies to store your preferences, improve website navigation, make personalized features and other services available to you, to generate statistical information, monitor and analyze user traffic and usage patterns, monitor and prevent fraud, investigate complaints and potential violations of our policies, to improve the our content and the products, services, materials, and other content that we describe or make available through the Site, and otherwise help administer and improve the Site.
We may identify you from your Personal Information and merge or co-mingle Personal Information and Non-Personal Information, for any lawful business purpose. Where you provide registration information, cookies can also be used to identify you when you log onto the Site. Except as otherwise stated, we may use information we collect from you for the legitimate business purpose of providing our Site to you, including, but not limited to:
- To present our Services and their contents to you.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us, such as sending you certain information about DM Words’ services and offerings or processing purchasing or subscription requests.
- To evaluate and improve the content of our Services.
- To customize the Services to your preferences.
- To establish accounts and/or subscriptions to use the Services.
- To notify you of any changes to relevant agreements or policies.
- To enforce our agreements, terms, conditions, and policies.
- To work with our contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. A complete list of third party service providers that may have access to users’ Personal Information is available upon request. Please send your request to peter (at) simplifyingentrepreneurship (dot) com.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Kindred Entrepreneurs Inc. assets, where Personal Information held by Kindred Entrepreneurs Inc about our Services’ users is among the assets transferred.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- For other purposes identified to you and as requested by you (please note that you have the right to withdraw your consent to such use at any time by contacting us via the contact information below).
With the Consent of a Data Subject within the European Economic Area; or without consent, if a citizen of any other jurisdiction. If you are a Data Subject within the European Economic Area, and we have obtained your consent, we may also use your information in the following ways; and, if you are a citizen of any other jurisdiction, you acknowledge that we may use your information in the following ways:
- To send e-mail and postal mail to provide you with updates and news.
- To process any request you make.
- To process any commercial transaction, including but not limited to fulfilling an order or subscription request.
- To process your Personal Information as described throughout this Policy.
- To establish your account to use the Site.
- To validate your username, e-mail, password, and/or other login credentials.
- To respond to your requests.
- To provide you with merchandise you have requested.
- To fulfill your subscription purchase(s).
- To send you e-mail and postal mail supplying you with the most recent service information or to send you information about your order (e.g., order confirmations, shipment notifications, etc.).
- To notify you of any changes to relevant agreements or policies.
- To process your Non-Personal Information as outlined as described throughout this Policy.
We may, from time to time, invite you to participate in online surveys. The information requested in these surveys may include, but is not limited to, your opinions, beliefs, insights, ideas, activities, experience, purchase history, and purchase intent regarding products, events, and the Site. The information collected by these surveys is used to research market trends, company growth, community needs, etc. Your input will help us to improve customer experience and shape development of our products and the Site.
We may anonymize or aggregate Information that we collect from the use of the Services, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access the Services, market trends, and other analysis that we create based on the information we receive from you and other users.
How We Share Information
We do not sell or rent Personal Information to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We do have relationships with trusted third parties, but we will not share any Personal Information that we have collected from or regarding you except as described below:
- Service providers that help us administer and provide the Site (for example, a web hosting company whose services we use to host our platform). These third-party services providers have access to your Personal Information only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf. We have entered into contractual relationships with these service providers and require them to comply with all applicable data privacy laws and regulations and to use the Information only for the purposes for which it was disclosed. We require that any third-party service providers limit their use of your Information solely to providing services to us and that they maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of your Information and not make unauthorized use or disclosure of the Information.
- As we believe necessary: (i) under applicable law; (ii) to enforce applicable terms and conditions; (iii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; (iv) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (v) to respond to claims that contact information (e.g. name, e-mail address, etc.) of a third-party has been posted or transmitted without their consent or as a form of harassment and (vi) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence.
- Pursuant to your explicit approval prior to the disclosure.
How We Protect Information
We have taken commercially reasonable precautions to protect the data and information under our control from misuse, loss, or alteration. Our security measures include industry standard technology and equipment to help protect your data. Unfortunately, considering the open nature of the internet, no system can ensure complete security and you should take steps to protect your information and transmissions to the Services.
If at any time after registering for information, you change your mind about receiving information from us, send us a request specifying your new choice. Simply send your request to peter (at) simplifyingentrepreneurship (dot) com.
Your Choices, Access, and Rights to Your Personal Information
If you reside in certain jurisdictions, such as the European Economic Area, you may also have the following rights and options with regard to accessing, reviewing, correcting, and updating your Personal Information, as well as how we use and disclose your Personal Information:
Right to Access. We respect your right to access and control your information, and we will respond to requests for information and, where applicable, will correct, amend, or delete your Personal Information.
- How to Access Your Personally Identifiable Information. You may choose to access or update your Personal Information as it exists in our records by logging into the account you have created for yourself on the Site, if applicable.
- Access to Personal Information. You may choose to access your Personal Information by contacting us and requesting access, a process which shall include our identity verification procedures. Before providing data to you, we will ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interaction with us so that we can locate any relevant data. We may also charge you a fee for providing you with a copy of your data (except where this is not permissible under local law).
Updating Communications Preferences (Opt-Out Policy). We do send e-mails to Users with information about our Site that we believe may be of interest. Users may opt out of receiving e-mail messages by contacting us via e-mail at peter (at) simplifyingentrepreneurship (dot) com or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link found at the bottom of every e-mail that we send. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related e-mails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages that are required to provide you with our Site’s services, as applicable. If you do not opt-out using the link at the bottom of an e-mail, you will continue to receive electronic communications until you choose to click on the link that will be provided in each e-mail you receive from us.
Right to Rectify — Correction and Deletion. Citizens of some jurisdictions, including the European Economic Area, have the right to correct or amend their Personal Information if it is inaccurate or requires updating. You may also have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information; however, this is not always possible due to legal requirements and other obligations and factors. Remember that you can update your account information by contacting us at peter (at) simplifyingentrepreneurship (dot) com.
Right to Erasure / Be Forgotten. Data Subjects of the European Economic Area may have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as if holding the Personal Information is no longer necessary or if part of your Right to Object (below).
Right to Object. Data Subjects of the European Economic Area may have the right to object to the use of Personal Information for direct marketing uses, scientific uses, or historical research. If you do not wish to have your Personal Information shared with third parties, contact our Data Protection Officer as described at the end of this document. If you do not wish to receive future commercial messages from us, simply follow the unsubscribe instructions contained within the message you receive. (But note that you may continue to receive certain communications from us, such as transactional or relationship messages, and/or messages about your account/profile).
Right to Restrict Processing. Citizens of some jurisdictions, including the European Economic Area, have the right to request that we stop processing their Personal Information.
Right to Data Portability. Data Subjects of the European Economic Area have the right to request that we provide your Personal Information for the purpose of sharing it with another service provider (through a secure process).
Data Protection Officer
If you have an inquiry regarding your Personal Information, pursuant to the rights listed in the preceding section (above), please contact our appointed Data Protection Officer. You can send your message to peter (@) simplifyingentrepreneurship (dot) com.
Links to Third Party Sites
Children Under the Age of 13
We do not sell products or services for purchase by anyone under the age of 13. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we will never knowingly request or solicit personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13, without verifiable parental consent. In the event that we receive actual knowledge that we have collected such personal information without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as is practical.
Compliance with Legal Process
Please be aware that we will release specific Personal Information about you if required to do so in order to comply with applicable law or any valid legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, or court order. We may also choose to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Users in California
We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Services who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, we currently do not share any Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. In addition, please see our CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE HERE.